Sunday, July 3, 2022

Youth is wasted on the young


 

I pulled up outside Mullingar Park Hotel to go for my morning swim. I was met by the hum of high pitched excitement and the smell of fake tan and vaping wafting through the air.

Ah yes, that time of year again. When teenagers go through their rite of passage and attend Longitude . They were congregated outside the door of the leisure centre, awaiting their bus.

As I made my way through them I got a thought

Maybe I'll ditch my swim and hop on their bus instead. A music festival sounds like much more fun.

Then of course reality set it. I didn't have proper festival clothing with me. As I looked around at the acres of bare flesh that lay before me, I realised that I could wear my swimsuit and I wouldn't look frumpy.

In fact there was probably enough fabric in my swimsuit to make TWO outfits for myself, judging by what all the girlies were "almost" wearing.

I continued on into the pool and left the young ones to have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment