Wednesday, July 13, 2022

I only went out for a pint of milk!

 

Yesterday evening I was about to make my umpteenth cup of tea that day when I realised to my horror that I had run out of milk. I jumped in my car and raced down to Weir's shop in Raharney before it closed.

On my way in I met Julie on her way out, who said,

"Are you going to the meeting? It's starting in 5 minutes?"

"What meeting?"

"We're hoping to set up a Women's Shed group. The more the merrier. It's on in the Third Place beside the church. It won't take long."

I do think that community is very important so I decided to pop in ....after I got my pint of milk for my night time cups of tea.

Julie was right, it didn't take long. Within an hour I was assistant treasurer of the newly named Step Together Ladies Shed!!!

We've already started on our first project. Our next meeting is on 16th August in the Third Place. All are welcome for a chat to make new friends and learn new skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment