Saturday, May 8, 2021

#Day 51: Lightness into Light

 I was filled with good intentions. I set my alarm for 3.50AM and was determined to get up and do the Darkness into Light walk in support of Pieta House and Suicide Awareness.

Alarm went off and I jumped out of bed. The noise of the rain bashing off my window was a deterrent. 

"Maybe it's not that bad", I tried to convince myself.

I opened the front door and the rain was belting down.

I went back into the kitchen and put on the kettle for a cuppa tea and to reassess the situation.



The angel on my shoulder said

"You'll regret it if you don't go."

The devil on the other one said

"Are you MAD! You'll get your death of cold. Covid will be the least of your problems"

And so the internal dialogue went on for several minutes.

Guess which one won out? Yep, you're right. That little ole devil.

I went on to Pieta's website and they did say that you could do the Darkness into Light challenge in your own way. So I finished my tea, powered up a fitness DVD and did my bit. I sent my donation to bring the total up to 6 million euro!



When I later saw all the posts of people who had braved the elements and actually gone out, did I feel like a wimp? Yes.  

But I did my best!


No comments:

Post a Comment