Saturday, May 22, 2021

Day 37: A little bitta retail therapy

 


Today was a long time coming.

For the first time this year I was able to head off to the shops. Yes, actually walk in through a door, peruse the rails and select something that I wanted ( not necessarily "needed").

I will be honest, today was bitter sweet. I didn't realise how much I'd miss Mam. Anyone who knew her, knew that her hobby was shopping, something that she passed onto her daughters. In later years, her outings were to Liffey Valley or anywhere there was a Marks and Spencers. Today I found myself automatically looking for things that she would like. And when it hit me that I wouldn't be buying them for her it was a reality check.

But I think she would have been proud of me, keeping up the family tradition.

Hey don't judge me....

I'M JUST DOING MY BIT FOR THE ECONOMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment