Sunday, May 9, 2021

#Day 50: Jet lag

 I have been toying for a while with the idea of getting up at 6AM . I've read that it is the most productive part of the day and it gives you a head start. The only problem was....if I got up at that time, I'd be knackered all day, yet if I went to bed early on the previous first night I'd never manage to get to sleep.

Well my little misadventure yesterday morning might actually have had a silver lining. Once I got up at 3.50AM I stayed up and went about my day. Obviously I then collapsed in a coma like slumber at the impossibly early time of 9 PM. So like a bad case of jet lag, I found myself wide away at 5.40 AM this morning.

Ah ha. The perfect opportunity to try this 6AM club thing.

 I found myself up, showered and sitting at my computer at that ungodly hour. I'm doing a course at the moment, so I got two hours study, a loadful of washing and an hour's cycling done by 9.30.



In fact the cycle was heavenly. There was no traffic on the roads and all I could hear were the twittering of birds

I can cope with that, once I know they are far away!

As I was coming back home there were a few neighbours heading out. I'm sure they were saying

"What is that mad one up to now?"

But do you know, I'm mad enough to want to continue it for the week to see how it goes. It was brilliant today. By 11 AM I had the day stretching ahead of me with no deadlines to make.

I'll let you know what I really feel about it next Friday. It's 9.20 PM and I'm ready for the bed!!!

2 comments:

  1. fab.. What are you studying?? Much love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm studying personal development...hence the early mornings!

      Delete