Sunday, August 21, 2022

Week 18: One year, no new gear

 Yes it's been a couple of weeks but I'm back.

I was away in bonny wee Scotland for a much needed catch up with Jennifer. While we did a lot of touring around the Highlands, we did also visit several retail centers! Now I'm no martyr,as I was on holiday, if I saw something I really liked then I was buying it.

One thing I have discovered is that I have become much more discerning when it comes to clothes. I found myself asking, 

"Do I really want/need this?" and most times the answer was

"No." or "I already have something the same as that." 

I'm hoping this phase will soon pass!

However I did see something that I instantly fell in love with and had to buy.

This pair of gloves!


Now this most definitely comes under the term "Necessary Purchase."
They may not seem very necessary at the moment but mark my words. When we are in the depths of a snowstorm or blizzard next winter and I swan in with my hot pink gloves, you will be sooooo raging that you don't have a pair.
See, a Necessary Purchase!

After I arrived home I came down with Covid.
So the past week has been a mixture of clearing out and painting my old office, wearing paint splattered ripped tee-shirts and saggy leggings...
and other days having zero energy and spending the day in my pjs.
Neither of which I photographed to inflict upon you.

I have finally tested negative and have one week left before school reopens.
Here's to a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment