Thursday, August 4, 2022

All shook up

 Last night Jen and I headed to the cinema to see Elvis. 

Going to see it is a bit like going to see “Titanic”. You know exactly how it’s going to end. The fact that it keeps you totally immersed in it until the very end is a result of the pure brilliance of the director. 

Yes there are some artistic liberties taken. It’s a piece of drama after all, not a documentary.

Tom Hanks is his usual brilliant self. I hadn’t seen Austin Butler in anything before but his performance had all the energy and sex appeal of The King himself. However it wasn’t an imitation of Elvis but rather an interpretation, which makes it all the more powerful.

So as you have probably guessed both Jen and I LOVED it. And I think our opinion counts, as on a previous holiday we actually went to Graceland. We’re true fans!

I’d thoroughly recommend going there too!!!



Elvis has left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment