Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Week 1: One year-no new gear.

 One week done - and it was much harder than I imagined!

I'm blaming the fact that I was on my holidays this week. I didn't realise that I used shopping as a way to fill some of my leisure time! The number of times I thought

"I'll just head up to Liffey Valley, have a nose around the shops and then hit the cinema." Nope, not this year.

When I go to Mullingar, I always park in Dunnes Stores carpark. I was meeting the women for lunch in The Gingerbread House and I deliberately parked in Blackhall so that I didn't have to pass any shops. 

Yes, I have it that bad.! I get a buzz out of buying something new and planning how it will match other things in my wardrobe.

So I've had to replicate this buzz by going through the clothes that I have and come up with new outfits without buying anything new.

So I took photos of what I wore this week. Please humour me. It's not that I think I look fantastic 

Quite the opposite

But it's a way of keeping me on track and stopping me getting bored and heading off on a shopping spree.




Monday: Heading grocery shopping







Monday night: Went to Chicago- the musical, not the cold, windy city!


Met the girls for lunch. It ended up involving an
 ambulance and paramedics. All is good now!



All excited going to shop for my one monthly emergency purchase
 - a swimsuit!


Off to see the play Shirley Valentine in the Arts Center - Hello wall!


Easter Sunday, Ger's 3rd anniversary mass and then dinner in Jacqueline's

Only 51 more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment