Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Day 27: Indoor dining at its best.

 I've just eaten inside a hotel!

Now before you rush to report me let me explain.

I went to Mullingar Park Hotel to donate blood. For years I was never able to donate as I had feck all blood myself! Problem was sorted, so when the pandemic started last year I felt I had to do my civic duty and help out any way I could. When I heard the appeal for blood donations I decided to try again. I was accepted! In fact this was my fourth time to donate since.

When I was adequately drained of the life fluid, I was offered tea, biscuits and crisps. Obviously it's to help keep sugar levels up and prevent me from fainting.



So as I sat drinking out of my paper cup and chatting to the person at the next table I realised that this was the first dining experience I had in over six months.

And boy did it feel good!

Roll on next week when we at least can share outdoor dining.

Though, depending on the Irish weather, that may not be a daily event!

No comments:

Post a Comment