Sunday, June 6, 2021

Day 23: You can't beat a good old romp!

 We were all delighted when, a few months back, my niece Emma announced that she was pregnant.

As it was during Lockdown,  I decided to take on another Lockdown project and knit something for the baby. The problem was all the shops were closed so there was nowhere to get  a knitting pattern. We were clearing out some of Mam's things and I found a book of her knitting patterns. I was thrilled and brought it home to peruse it for something suitable.

I texted Marese ( expectant granny) and exclaimed

"I'm going to knit a romper suit!"

The reply I got back....

"For yourself?"

Now , I know I pride myself in coming up with outfits for special occasions but I am deadly serious when I say...

If you EVER see me in a hand-knitted romper suit, you have my full permission to slap me in the face.....with a shovel!

Baby Sadie is a month old at this stage and I have eventually finished the romper suit. Luckily I made it a bit bigger to fit her.



When I say "bigger" I mean, big enough to fit a 6 month old, not a 56 year old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment