Sunday, May 22, 2022

Week 6: Emergency purchase!

 When I started out on this "One year, no new gear", I did allow myself one purchase per month. This month it had to be a pair of comfortable shoes!

I used to be the queen of quirky, impossibly high shoes that I could wear all day...but no more. I blame Covid,,,,,not getting older!

So I bought these to get me through the school day when I am on yard duty.


They are pure bliss on my feet.

Of course I had no sooner exited the shoe shop with my purchase in my hands, heart pounding with the exhilaration of having bought something when I bumped straight into Gillian. She espied the Shoe Shop bag in my hand and asked the dreaded question

"I thought you weren't supposed to be buying anything for a year?"

I could feel the blood draining from my face as if I had been found in possession of class A drugs! I gulped and considered saying that they were a birthday present for my niece but then I realised that I didn't have to lie. it was all above board.   I'd never make it as a con artist.

So still on track.




Comfy new shoes



Showing a bitta leg




 First Holy Communion


No comments:

Post a Comment