Wednesday, July 28, 2021

It's all Ed Sheeran's fault......

 When I'm asked

"What did you do this summer?" I will proudly announce

"I stopped biting my nails!"

I have been biting them for the past 56 years

Well, I didn't have any teeth for the first year, so it's 55 years.

At the start of the summer I decided that this was the time I was going to kick this disgusting habit....and I did!!! 

So I took myself off to Jenny B's to get a manicure. I've gotten one before but it had involved gel and shellac and other artificial stuff. This time I just wanted ordinary nail polish as I wanted to celebrate their naturalness. I couldn't understand the look of horror that crossed Jenny's face when I said I wanted normal nail polish, surely that would be much easier than the other stuff?

NO.

Jenny explained that normal polish takes 4 HOURS to dry properly and there is a HUGE chance of it smudging before that. I promised I'd be good and not move.

When she brought out my colour choices to choose from, I couldn't decide so I went for them all!

Once they were done I sat back in an armchair and placed my hands on the armrests to wait. Jenny headed into the next room to attend to another client.
I was sitting back, relaxing and listening to the music, when Ed Sheeran came on. All I can say is, I challenge anyone who has lost their mother to listen to Supermarket Flowers without bawling.


I felt my eyes welling up and the tears ran down my face and got caught in my mask! Of course I had to adjust it....with my hands! But it had been ages since I got my nails done so they had to be dry enough to touch things, right?
WRONG.

When Jenny came back to check, two of my nails were smudged and had to be redone. This time I sat like a statue and never moved until I got the all clear. It was worth it!


Now I just wonder if Ed will pay my bill. After all, it was all his fault they had to be redone!


No comments:

Post a Comment