Saturday, March 27, 2021

# Day 93 The Sky's the limit!

 


Two weeks ago I was sitting on my couch watching TV when....the screen went green and that was that. I couldn't get any channels on it.

I've spent the last fortnight trying to get through to a real live person from Sky to fix the problem. But to no avail. I tried umpteen numbers but all I got was an automated voice which was of f*@k all use to me.

I decided that I was going to ring up to cancel my subscription, in the hope that they would jump to assist me in an effort not to lose my valued custom!

Today, being the first day of my Easter holidays,  I set off on my bike for my 5km cycle.

Big change from when I'd spend my Easter in Turkey.

I called into my brother and sister-in-law, on the way round. I was telling Marese my tale of woe about my TV. Now I haven't been sitting starting at the walls for the past few weeks. I can connect my laptop up to my TV and I've been watching Netflix and I'd get News etc on RTE or Virgin Media player so all was not lost.

Marese advised me to unplug everything, leave it a few minutes and then restart it. That seemed a bit too easy but I gave it a shot when I went home.

AND IT WORKED!!!

Why didn't I know that two weeks ago? It would have saved me a lot of frustrated phone calls.

Then I got thinking.........

I wonder would that work for the world at the moment?

If we could just unplug it, wait a few minutes and then restart it, maybe everything would go back to normal?

Well, it's worth a try!

1 comment: