Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year 2022

 We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. 

Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives - not looking for flaws, but for potential.

Ellen Goodman

Well I spent New Year's Day doing a little bit of both.

We had a final family meet up in our old family home to go through each room to check that we had all non essentials cleared out before it's put on the market.

I discovered a hidden box which contained my diaries dating back to 1979. Reading back over them is really like going through each room of my life. Having glanced through January 1st in most of them I realise that all the "rooms" are pretty much decorated the same.

"Lose weight."



Here's my 2022 diary.



The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.

Melody Beattle

This year will definitely see one chapter of my life closing and a new one opening. I'm nervous and excited about it, but thankfully I have the first half of the year to prepare fully for it.


Here's to 2022, make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment