Tuesday, June 28, 2022

What becomes of the broken hearted?

 


We were doing the Black Death in History class.

I know it sounds a bit heavy for end-of-year but trust me, the gorier the better for a group of nine-year-olds!

Their task at the end was to create a poster that a doctor would make in order to warn the people of the symptoms and how to avoid it. I'd set this task a few years ago but of course this class had all the lingo which the past class didn't.

Mask wearing  Isolation   Quarantine  Social Distancing   Hand Sanitising

As they were creating their posters I reminded them that they should make their poster colourful in order to attract attention.

"Red is the colour of danger, so make sure you use some of that", I advised them.

"But Miss", commented one girl, " Red is also the colour of love. Does that mean Love is dangerous?"

Before I could think of an age appropriate reply, one of the lads lifted his head and proclaimed

"YES IT IS. IT CAN BREAK YOUR HEART."

Oh dear. That was far too deep and cynical from a nine year old...... even if it was true!

No comments:

Post a Comment